Terms & Conditions
Flowers are as delicate as they are beautiful. All flowers should be held, worn andhandled with the utmost care. The following information on the care and handlingof your flowers will help you maximize the beauty and longevity of yourarrangements. These terms and conditions outline the policies held by Flowers & More Design Studio design staff and management and will provide the information you will need to make proper decisions before and during your event.
Proper Handling & Care of your flowers
• All flowers should remain in their delivery box until the last possible moment. This will help minimize the risk of your flowers being damaged.
• Please remember that floral products are a fresh, natural, living organism susceptible to even the slightest pressure from normal activities. Flowers that are held, worn, handled, photographed, displayed, set down or incur smothering (hugging) can bruise, damage, break, loosen, weaken or become unstable. This is considered normal wear and tear on flowers. Flowers & More cannot be held accountable for damage from normal wear and tear. Flowers & More cannot be held liable for any damage done to fabric material, dresses, purses, linens, clothing etc. from water, pins, ribbon, leaves, petals or flowers.
• Hand-tied bouquets should never be held upside down. Water from the bouquet could leak and cause water damage.
• Flowers & More is not responsible for any allergies or allergic reactions from flowers or foliage.
• All flowers should be kept away from extreme temperatures. Flowers can freeze within moments when exposed to temperatures below 32°F and are more likely to wilt and or brown if they are exposed to sunlight, heat or excessive temperature for prolonged periods of time.
Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages and Floral Arrangements
• A flower’s natural color and size can vary from country to country, grower to grower, crop to crop and even bloom to bloom within the same plant. Flowers & More will choose flowers closest to the specific, requested color; but of course cannot guarantee that each flower will be the exact color requested, and cannot account for natural variations in color within the same flower species.
• Flowers & More cannot guarantee the availability of any flower, in the event of bad crops, weather, import / export customs, seasonal unavailability, national security or any other extenuating circumstances.
• In the event that a certain foliage or flower is unavailable, a substitution will be made in its place. The replacement flower or foliage will be as close as possible to the species, look, color and value of the original flowers and foliage indicated on the agreement. In some cases a silk or artificial product will be used as a substitution. Necessary substitutions will be brought to your attention upon the discretion of the floral designer.
• Pomander Balls or flower balls are suggested to those 8 years and older. Due to the amount of flowers, water and foam, pomander balls tend to be heavy and delicate. Pomander Balls should only be used at the last possible moment as they are very susceptible to damage. Due to the very delicate nature of this flower bouquet type and their handling, Flowers & More cannot guarantee the condition or stability of the pomander ball. Alternatively, Flowers & More can only guarantee the condition & stability of silk or artificial Pomander Balls.
• Cascade Bouquets are most often designed in a specialized foam floral handle with very specific mechanics and labor. Any unnecessary movement can cause damage to the design and even flower loss. Due to the very delicate nature of this flower bouquet design and its handling, Cascade bouquets should only be used at the last possible moment as they are very susceptible to damage.
Client-provided Container / product information
• When providing your own containers, please provide at least 2 additional containers for security with all items free of all and any stickers and or price tags. Containers that require additional preparation will incur a minimum fee of $25.00 per hour.
• In the event a replacement container is necessary, Flowers & More will try to substitute a container as close to size, color and shape as possible. Price will depend on the local markets. You will be responsible for the cost of the new container, or its replacement.
• Please drop off containers at the time of your final consult, or no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
• Each centerpiece may vary slightly due to natural variations in all floral products and foliage. Flowers & More will attempt to maintain unity in shape, color & design throughout all centerpieces upon delivery.
• Most event clients will be provided a scale prototype of the event centerpiece by the final consultation for the purposes of final approval. The prototype is to remain within the design studio at all times unless purchased at retail by the client.
• Only the names listed on the agreement will be responsible and held liable for any adjustments to the agreement as well as payments, cancellations and signatures. No other family members, event coordinators, etc. will be allowed to make adjustments to the agreement without prior notification in writing. Any and all changes made to this letter of agreement must be made in writing and signed by all parties.
• No adjustments to the agreement will be allowed within two weeks before the event.
• Should extreme circumstances warrant changes to a finalized agreement, the client will be subjects to an additional Time & Management Fee of $55.00.
• Any desired changes or adjustments should be indicated on the agreement before signing. Once Flowers & More receives the adjustments, we will draft a new agreement for your review & signature.
• A final consult and/or a final agreement are due one month before the event.
• A maximum of two (2) appointed consultations with a design professional will be provided at no charge for booked events, Deposit; one initial and one final consultation. Should any additional appointments arise due to client changes. Flowers & More will charge a $75 hourly fee for each consultation above and beyond the initial and final consultations. This fee does not include emails, phone calls, texts, etc. This fee is in addition to the Wedding Flower Agreement costs. This consultation fee is associated with the time, planning and adjustments for the wedding.
• Delivery, set-up and breakdown fees have a minimum of $250.00 for Gazebo, Arch, Flowers wall and Chuppa Rental. Additional costs are applied for any flowers, curtains, candles, crystals, decorative wire, decorative accessories and installation based on the items requested.
• A valid credit card must be on file for all rentals to cover the full value of all replaced products.
• If any rental products are lost, stolen or damaged, it is the responsibility of the agreement holders to pay %100 of the replacement value plus any and all costs associated to the items replacement.
• A $50.00 fee will be charged per person, per hour, for additional incidentals, labor, consultation, set-up and/or break-down of each event plus materials. The number of people required, time and time frame will be determined by event scheduling as established by function facilities and at the discretion of Flowers & More.
• Delivery is finalized with a signed agreement.
• Delivery fees have a minimum of $25.00 per location. Final delivery fees are dependent on distance, time & scheduling required for delivery.
• Some deliveries are specified and coordinated by your function facility. The function facility will dictate delivery time, and in some cases, your delivery fee.
• Delivery times and fees are listed on your agreement. Flowers & More cannot be held accountable for any unforeseen delays, time changes, etc.
• When receiving your flowers, please check over all flowers, arrangements, and pieces carefully. Any required adjustments can often be made at the time of delivery. Once the flowers are accepted and delivered, the delivery transaction is complete.
Final preparations & Deposit information
• A deposit is due at final consult for any monies owed to Flowers & More on your behalf.
• A valid credit card must be kept on file to cover any incidental charges on the days of set-up and delivery.
• Final payment with the signed agreement, are due two weeks prior to the event.
• Any remaining balance still due after the due date has passed will be subject to a 3% penalty per day until the balance is paid in full.
• Any additional centerpieces, not covered by a function facility, must be paid, in full, before the event.
• If fewer centerpieces than prior final numbers are needed, all extra flowers from extra centerpieces will be added to the existing centerpieces. Or, time permitting at the discretion of floral designers, you may also choose to display the extra centerpieces elsewhere, such as at the sign in table, bar, bathroom, etc. No credits or reimbursements of any kind will be made under any circumstances.
• It will be at the sole discretion of Flowers & More management to determine which flowers will not be delivered for any balance left unpaid by the day of the event.
• If an event has a change in date, and Flowers & More is available to do that event, all information and deposits will be transferred to the new date.
• If an event is cancelled, any and all deposits are forfeit.
• The Parties agree to not post any negative information about the other arising out of this Contract or Event on any online forum or website without providing advance written notice of the intended content thereof, and providing the other party with an opportunity to resolve any issues between the parties amicably.
• Bride agrees to protect, defend, indemnify Flowers & More design studio and hold Carrie Brouwer and its officers, employees and agents free and harmless from and against any and all losses, penalties, damages, settlements, costs, charges, professional fees, or other expenses or liabilities of every kind and character arising out of or relating to any and all claims, liens, demands, obligations, actions, proceedings or causes of action of every kind and character in connection with or arising directly or indirectly out of this agreement and or the performance hereof.
• The Parties will comply with all the laws of the United States of America and the State of Massachusetts, all municipal ordinances and all lawful orders of police and fire departments, and will not do anything on the event/function premises in violation of any laws, ordinances, rules or orders. If unlawful activities should occur on the premises, and the event is cancelled, there will be no refund of any kind from Flowers & More design studio to the client.